- May 17, 2020
- Posted by: QANxT
- Category: Mobile Testing
Mobile testing will help you reach your users on the device of their choice. Testing the use of your product on mobile devices will be an important part of achieving this demographic. Website interfaces on mobile and tablet devices are often very different from desktop interfaces. So, testing the usability of your mobile application and perfecting your mobile interface will help your product design compete with competitors.
According to a study, Digital, 58% of websites are accessed via mobile devices – and this number is expected to increase. In addition, about 81% of people in the United States have a personal smartphone with around 1,500 applications that are downloaded every day through Apple alone. There is a very large and growing population of users active on their mobile devices.
Testing Mobile Application
Mobile application testing or referred to as testing is the process by which applications that are made are tested for their usability and consistency. Mobile testing that must be done for applications on mobile devices, browser & OSs.
Software Testing: In this stage then mobile applications that have been developed will be tested in detail and thoroughly. Functions and consistency will be tested.
Testing that should be done is as follows:
- Usability testing, to ensure that mobile applications can and are easy to use and provide a good experience for its users.
- Compatibility testing, testing applications with different mobile devices, through browsers, with different screen sizes and OS versions as needed.
- Interface testing, testing menu options, buttons, bookmarks, history, settings, and navigation from the application
- Service testing, testing applications in an online or offline state
- Low level resource testing, memory testing, auto-delete temporary files, database growth problems.
- Performance testing, testing application performance by changing the connection from 2G or 3G to wifi. And test how the ability to share documents and how the battery capacity is needed.
- Operational testing, backup, and recovery plan if the battery is weak or when data is lost due to the process of upgrading or updating the application from the application store.
- Installation testing, testing applications by installing or uninstalling on a mobile device
- Security testing, application testing to validate whether the data is protected by information systems.
The Mobile Application testing process certainly requires precision and proper strategy. Not only security and performance, but usability, functionality, and compatibility are also highly tested before the application is expanded so that the application is better and maximum.